Join the Soil for Water Network
We believe in
- The five principles of soil health.
- The power of soil biology.
- The importance of land monitoring.
- Peer-to-peer learning.
- Having fun while we learn.
Membership is free and open to any land manager who is
- involved in commercial livestock agriculture in the states of Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, or California.*
- interested in trying (or continuing) regenerative land management practices;
- committed to monitoring changes in their soils and vegetation over a period of many years; and
- willing to share their results and stories with other members of the network.**
What you get as a member
- Access to a peer-to-peer learning community.
- Facilitated connection to like-minded producers nationally, and in your region as the network grows.
- Discounted soil testing at Regen Ag Lab, LLC and resources for interpreting the results.
- Free help setting up a convenient on-farm “safe-to-fail” trial and monitoring program.
- Regular updates, news, and invitations to workshops, field days, pasture walks, and virtual network meetings/roundtables.
- PastureMap grazing software app accounts for $99 per year.
- Greater confidence in whether your land is healthy, and whether it’s getting better or worse.
- Hopefully, more water stored in your soil!
Who is behind this?
Soil for Water is run by the National Center for Appropriate Technology (www.ncat.org), a national non-profit organization in collaboration with partners, such as the NRCS and Holistic Management International. Our funding comes from the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service, the Dixon Water Foundation, and the Meadows Foundation.
How do I apply?
Fill out a brief application form at the link provided on this page, telling us a little about yourself and your goals. (Takes 15 minutes.)
We welcome all commercial livestock producers who are seriously interested, from beginner to expert. Upon receipt of your application and a quick review that you meet our criteria for membership you will be enrolled. You will receive a welcome email with further details and be placed on our network mailing list. Please contact email@example.com with any further questions.
* Sorry, we are unable to accommodate crop farmers, home gardeners, or non-agricultural land managers at this time. We hope to expand our network to other types of producers and additional states in the near future. Please join our Soil for Water mailing list to be informed of other events and opportunities.
** We respect your need for privacy and confidentiality. No personal, identifiable data is ever shared without your permission. Privacy statement available on request.